Environmental remediation services are directed to reduce the extent of contamination to soil and/or groundwater. Remediation projects can include various scopes of work, generally depending on: the historical and current land use; urgency for cleanup; known chemical(s) of concern; matrix of contamination; peak concentrations of contaminants; lateral and vertical extent of the contamination plume; and more. Geo Forward, Inc. offers a variety of environmental remediation services to meet the requirements of clients, regulatory agencies, property owners and other involved parties.
Getting Into the Remedial Phase
Contamination Cleanup | Environmental Risk Management | Remedial Investigation
Environmental remediation is the cleanup process taken by property owners or responsible parties when soil and/or groundwater contamination has been discovered at levels that pose a risk to human health and/or affect the value of the real property. The cleanup process is generally overseen by local governing agencies such as state water boards or county fire departments.
Taking remedial action can be a voluntary or mandatory. In some cases, property owners of contaminated parcels which do not pose a danger to public health can voluntarily open clean-up-cases with local regulatory agencies to legally certify the clean-up ,and potentially restore any decline in property value. In other cases, if contamination is discovered at a level potentially threatening to public health, property owners are legally required to report and comply with regulatory oversight.
Early Stages of Remediation:
The decision to begin remediation can be difficult. Geo Forward, Inc. provides professional guidance for clients debating on taking remedial action on a property. In many cases negotiating remedial methods with regulatory agencies using scientifically based reasoning is required to reach closure within a proper budget and time frame. There are various approaches to beginning environmental remediation. The Geo Forward Team is experienced and licensed to provide the following early-stage remediation services, and more:
- Site Conceptual Modeling Based on Known Subsurface Conditions
- Risk Management & Evaluation
- Feasibility Studies
- Remediation Cost Estimate
- Regulatory Agency Correspondence, Management and Negotiation
- Litigation Support
- Site Characterization
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Aquifer or Water Zone Testing
- Soil, Soil Vapor and Groundwater Sampling
- Remedial Action Planning (Remediation Scope Design)
Middle Stages of Remediation
The middle stages require the proper execution of remedial action(s), continuous data analysis, and regulatory compliance. Many of the early-stage tasks mentioned above (Ex: Monitoring, Testing, Conceptual Modeling, Site Characterization, etc.) can extend into the middle stages of remediation. The Geo Forward Team is experienced and licensed to provide the following remediation services, and more:
- Corrective Action Planning
- Quarterly or Semi-Annual Groundwater Monitoring
- Pilot Testing (Soil Vapor and/or Groundwater)
- Soil Vapor Extraction System Design, Installation + Operation & Maintenance
- Air-Sparge with Groundwater Pump & Treat System Design, Installation + Operation & Maintenance
- Dual-Phase Soil Vapor and Groundwater Remediation System Design, Installation + Operation & Maintenance
- In-Situ and/or Ex-Situ Soil Vados Zone and Groundwater Remediation
- Hazardous Waste Characterization and Removal
Final Stages of Remediation
The final stages of remediation projects are the critical steps required to fully close a case. The Geo Forward Team is experienced in the closure process with various agencies throughout California. With an emphasis on budgets and schedule, Geo Forward, Inc. offers the following final-stage services, along with early and middle -stage services mention above, to reach a property status that is satisfactory to the assigned agency:
- Negotiations for Closure
- Confirmation Soil and Groundwater Sampling
- System Rebound Tests
- Existing Well(s) Abandonment
Advanced Drilling Methods
More About Soil Contamination Clean-Up
For more information about environmental remediation, call (888) 930-6604 to speak with a professional geologist or engineer.
Forward-Thinking Geologists, Engineers & Contractors!